A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

21 September 2005

Movie Review: Pride and Prejudice

So I went to the movies with my good friend Caroline. Orange Wednesday - two for the price of one - one student ticket because Caroline is a student! We watched Pride and Prejudice, although I was determined to utterly hate it. I was surprised that I actually enjoyed it! Caroline was great - she reminded me of Candace [the world's greatest movie watching bud] because she just cried the whole way through the movie.

I cringed at some of the lines, especially Lizzy's and Mrs Bennett's, because nobody could do those lines like our beloved BBC version, but loved all the extra dialogue written for the film. Especially getting to see more of Bingley's proposal to Jane. I forgave him his hairstyle and even his ridiculous giggle, but not the daft scene where he walks into Jane's bedroom when she is sick in bed in her nightgown. This is invasion of the feminine sanctuary! And just should not be done!

The music and the cinematography is beautiful. There's something about a sunrise plus a passionate declaration of love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home