A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

04 September 2005

Heartbreak

I've had a couple of crazy career ideas since I've been here, including joining the army and becoming a hair salon model, and I recently had a thought about becoming an ad writer (is that what they're called?).

"Kleenex. Giving you one less mess to worry about."

This came to me during a GENUINE MOMENT, so I think it's GENUINE, even though I wasn't using Kleenex at the time - I can't afford it - I was using toilet paper which makes your nose red and scratchy.

Most of my messes can be rationalised away, if it's not the middle of the night. Or prayed through, when I remember the Power Available! One I'm still working on is the itsybitsy fact that Cands and Jen and Jess and Liss and Romona and Kary and Kez and the Lowes and Tendai and everybody else are 50 million kilometres away in (or near) dearly beloved Grahamstown, and I am here.

So, in my world, puffy eyes are in, okay. You people are all so untrendy.

Oh Lord, record my lament, list my tears on your scroll - are they not in your record? Psalm 56v8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home