A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

01 September 2005

Homes Sweet Homes - Some notes of thanks

Since I've been in Edinburgh...

Vicky and Jack: I will not forget your encouragement, the Elephant House, and dancing the Gay Gordon down the street in the middle of the night, with Jack playing Loch Lomond on his accordion! Thanks guys. Subway rules, okay.

Mark and Bridget: I really appreciated your easy going Zimbabwean-ness! Thank you for some great conversations... interpretation of dreams... could there be life in outer space?

Emily and Caroline: Hot off the French Press: Why Americans Don't Drink Tea. Thanks for selling me on nutella and cream cheese on bagels, and for the many Starbucks moments!

Mandy and Tanya: Tanya, you are the Phase 10 queen. We know. Mandy, do you want to form an alliance? I have never met anyone like your mom, Tanya. And I like American 'biscuits'!

Stephanie: Thanks for giving me and Bailey a badly needed space. What an awesome walk across the Pentland Hills... you gotta love maps!

Donna, Kary and Jenny: Beaufort St II - you make me think of a place I used to know... Mexican food... DVD's... French manicures... thank you so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home