A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

29 August 2005

Edinburgh: Gateway to the Nations

A few weeks ago I was privileged to hear the gospel preached by an Italian man (in English!) in Scotland. Then, I was asked to meet an American missionary at the airport, a lady passing through on her way to help establish a church in Zambia.

And tonight, I was invited to a church which was raising money for some Brazilian missionaries on their way to Egypt and India. We had supper for a small donation and listened to Brazilian singing! I had a conversation with a Brazilian man full of passion, simplicity and joy. I thought, as we were talking, that this was a man who could be in prison for preaching the gospel in Egypt in the next few months or years, and who would rejoice to be so, and I started crying - I don't know what he thought.

I want to be like him. Oh, to be able to lift my eyes up and see only Eternity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home