A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

14 August 2005

Thirteenth Bed

(or fourteenth, if you count the I-could-so-redesign-this-better aeroplane seat)

... since I last saw Grahamstown eight weeks ago. My thirteenth bed will be remembered for the Week of the Wisdom Tooth, during which I wanted to tear my jaw off... but also during which I managed to enjoy the coincedence of a wisdom tooth and a growing inward wisdom - which MUST be there... although outwardly we are wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day...

Shirley came up to Edinburgh this week, and she blessed me and blessed me and blessed me. She loves Jesus so much, and she knows the joy of the redeemed!

I am still waiting. I could smash things in my frustration with waiting - waiting on so many levels! Waiting for my disclosure so I can start work at the nursery. Waiting for some inkling of the fulfillment of the prophecies over my life...

"But do not forget this one thing dear friends. With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance!" 2 Peter 3 v 8-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home