A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

17 December 2005

Cinderella Returns

And so I have left the 19th century behind me for now, having learnt that labour exploitation is not so pleasant, and neither are shoulders which feel as though they would crumple into my pelvis, or hands blistered and cracked from various -ides and -ines. The cleaning products we used in the hotel were marked "For Professional Use Only". Hmm...

I haven't really left the 19th century behind completely (could I ever?). Bring on a true Dickensian Christmas, in this beautiful city of lights and bagpipes!! We are going to watch "A Christmas Carol" at the theatre next week. On Princes Street, there are lights everywhere you look, and - in the gardens - an ice skating rink, and a 'German Market' full of Christmas goodies. Jenny Pettinger and I went to the market today, and my heart was so full of the sweetness of it all, I couldn't stop smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home