A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

02 August 2005

How to be a Church Planting Tentmaker

Or "What I have Done Wrong So Far"

1. Don't lose your passport three weeks before you are due to leave.
2. Save as much money as possible, as they do use it in other countries, and there is NO guarantee that you will find the MONEY TREE as soon as you arrive. Actually it was a very strange idea for me to come over straight out of Year of Your Life. (But it was God's idea - not mine).
3. Nobody in the new country knows who you are, and they don't give much of a damn. You need letters of introduction from as many sources as possible... employers, landlords, the bank. Bring bank statements. The big question is, of course, are you a terrorist?
4. Get over yourself. You are not a champion of faith. Jesus is the author and perfector of your faith.

Don't tell me who I am, tell me who God is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home