A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

10 August 2005

Peculiar Grace

So, a week ago, things looked bleak. I missed home. I missed having money. I missed the way my faith used to be so hale and hearty. I missed God. The hardest thing was that I had fallen, in such a short space of time, from a sense of unshakeability, of heroism, of certainty about God's will, to a place of utter UNcertainty.

Showdown.

God let me in a couple of things. His peculiar grace is embedded in that verse in Hebrews, which encourages us to endure hardship as discipline - because only real children of the Father are precious enough for him to discipline. I don't think the Lord particularly enjoys seeing us in hardship. But He has a firm grip of the Big Picture.

We can trust Him.

Oh to grace how great a debtor,
Daily I'm constrained to be,
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wand'ring heart to thee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home