A Tale of Two Cities

My heart is in two cities - Grahamstown, South Africa and Edinburgh, Scotland. God, send me!

01 July 2005

Sojourn in Pretoria

27 June

To fill all my millions of readers in, I have lost my passport, had to apply for a new one, and have ended up waiting in Pretoria for it to be ready.

So here I am, in Pretoria, where - according to Fifi Formson, God lives. (He just visits everywhere else).

I have spent the morning composing Odes to Aloneness. Here is a sample:

How I wish I could show my JENNY
My new socks so stripy and PRETTY

Am looking forward to tomorrow, because Tendai and I are going to meet up.I phoned the British Embassy this morning, and you only get through once in a blue moon, because they have "more than 1000 calls daily", and a blue moon happened and they told me my passport is NOT READY, and the story has changed from two to three weeks.

I have been reading a lot and thinking about things, a bit like Pooh.

1 July

So... I am drawing near to the end of my sojourn in the fair and sunny city of Pretoria, after a dramatic showdown at the passport office on Wednesday. It was amazing!! I saw this really stroppy and rude woman become the most lovely and helpful person before my eyes... must have been God!! So I picked up the passport this morning and am flying on Sunday night, for SURE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home